March 15, 2020
Some Thoughts on Covid-19
Each of us has been following the outbreak of this new coronavirus, labeled Covid-19, over recent weeks. We have witnessed the response of our nation and communities and have seen the media reporting as most of you probably have as well. At this point, here are a few things we want to share with you.
- Please use caution when using internet or media sources for information. While much of the reporting is factual, the best source for information is The CDC and WHO. While the CDC and WHO aren’t perfect (no one is), they are dedicated and doing their best to share the information needed. Listed below are direct links to both of their official websites and they update the situation on a daily basis.
- We have hand sanitizers at the front door, back handicap door and the front handicap door. We have ordered more to be placed in and around the building.
- At this time, we do not intend to cancel our assemblies or classes. We will continue to monitor the situation as things develop.
- Those more prone for serious ailments from this virus seem to be the elderly with underlying health conditions. Each of us should follow the CDC instructions on hand washing, not touching our faces, and other recommendations. We will not be offended if you don’t shake our hand or give us a hug, but many of us will continue to be comfortable doing so.
- If you are sick in any way, or have weakened immune systems, by all means stay home. Also, if you have travelled out of the country or have potentially been exposed to someone with the virus, you should stay away from others for 14 days. We will not sit in judgment while you are away.
- Finally, while using common sense, we have an opportunity in this time to show great faith! We are told in scripture to not worry or be anxious about anything as well as being commanded to trust in the Lord with all of our heart. Let’s live as people that do just that, even in the midst of difficult times. This is a great time to show our faith and trust in the Lord!
The Elders and Staff